Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Tuesdays with Dorie - Pumpkin Muffins
Fall is here, that's for sure. I've officially begun fall baking and love it. I mean, really, how could I not with ingredients like cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin! This week's Tuesday with Dorie recipe was chosen by Kelly of Sounding My Barbaric Gulp. You can find the yummy Pumpkin Muffins recipe on her blog or on page 13 of "Baking: From My Home to Yours" by Dorie Greenspan.
The 411: I like these, and here are my thoughts...laid out for you in no particular order in bullets. Have I mentioned how much I love bullets? I use them at work like no tomorrow.
* Add chocolate chips, possibly a mix of regular and white
* Keep the pecans, i love these type of nuts
* I baked them for 18 minutes and they turned out perfectly
* For some strange reason all the nuts and golden raisins went to the bottom, top and sides? Anyone know why?
* The pumpkin taste was way more subtle then i thought it would be
* I thought the moistness was perfect
* I would use more spices...probably double
* I love buttermilk. I used some from the BYU creamery and it was amazing
So...I liked these pumpkin muffins but will probably be using it for a base if I make it again, but only if I make adjustments.