I'm attempting to officially meal plan. I figure if I can plan cupcake and Dorie baking successfully then I can plan meals.
(Besides, I usually do plan...I just don't stick to it or document it very well. ) I usually say I'll make a certain meal during the week and not pick a date. I'm a spontaneous kinda girl so if I don't do things on a certain date I don't freak.
Keep in mind I only cook like 2-3 times a week. There are just the two of us and sometimes we don't get to dinner until later. You know...those things called jobs and working out don't get us in the kitchen as early as we'd like to be. Plus, I really don't need an excuse as to why I cook "x" amount of times a week.
Week #1: April 12 - 18
Sunday: Din Din with Fam
* I did made rolls for Easter Supper.
Monday: FFY "Fend for yourself night!"
Tuesday: Grilled Salmon & Lemon Asparagus (Hub)
* Inspired by Cook's Illustrated article on perfecting grilled salmon!
* We also have a ton of asparagus and lemon that we need to use up.
Wednesday: BBQ Chicken Salad (Me)
* I've been dying to try Shirley J's BBQ Slow Cooker/Dutch Oven Seasoning and this girl inspired me to make her bbq chicken salad recipe.
* Plus large salads are a way for me to clean out my veggies!
Thursday: Pasta Pasta (Both of us)
* We just bought pasta on sale at Sunflower Farmers Market and it's just oh-so-satisfying.
Friday: Who knows!
* We live it up on the weekend...anything could happen.
Saturday: Who cares!
* Usually a night to go out or have leftovers.