This week's recipe was chosen by Tracy of Tracy's Culinary Adventures. I always thought these little squares looked yummy by their delicious picture in the book.
* I used semi-sweet instead of bittersweet choc. I didn't have any bittersweet on hand.
*my chocolate sunk a bit
* the cake was extremely moist
* i loved that i got to mix it by hand. this always brings me joy and makes me feel like an old-fashioned baker of some sort.
* i replaced espresso powder with Pero, which i'm not sure was the best move.
* my family loved it. i brought it over to my parent's for Sunday dinner. dad loved the frosting.
Be sure to check out the other Tuesdays with Dorie bakers' blogs for more cinnamon squares.
Next week: Parisian Apple Tartlet