I'm not shy when telling people my birthday is coming up! The glorious day is September 4 and I am very excited. I love birthdays and I love mine.
September is a wonderful month to be born. Here are a few reasons:
* it rings in fall
* my birth stone is a Sapphire and i LOVE blue
* i always got double the amount of school clothes growing up because my bday was so close to the new academic year
* september rings in another year of my glorious and happy life on earth!
Since cupcakes are my thang now. I'm obviously going to have cupcakes for my "birthday cake." I thought I'd make things a little more interesting and let you all decide which cupcakes I'll have on my special day!
You'll notice there is a poll on top of the right hand column on this blog. please vote for one of the following options. (left to right) All are cupcakes found in Utah that I have declared favorites.
1. Neapolitan by Cupcake Chic - layered chocolate & vanilla cake topped with strawberry buttercream frosting made with fresh strawberries. i would be embarrassed to tell you how often i purchase the cupcake. i crave it--end. of. story.
2. Chocolate Vanilla by Cakewalk Baking Company - deliciously rich and moist chocolate cake topped with vanilla frosting. never too sweet or guilty. vegan friendly. I don't have a good picture of this because I ate it (them ;) the second i got into my car!
3. Black n White by Mini's Cupcakes - Dark Belgium Chocolate Cupcake with Creamy Vanilla butter crème. This recently passed up Mini's "The Diva" cupcake as my top recommendation.
4. Chocolate with Caramel by The Chocolate - the perfect balance of decadent chocolate cake with a salted caramel frosting. this won my heart at the summer social retreat last month. ...i had been dying to try it for months!
5. So Cozy Cinnamon & Sugar by So Cupcake - nothing tastes like comfort compared to this cupcake. it's a light and delicately aromatic cinnamon cupcake with delectable cinnamon and sugar frosting topped with a baby teddy graham that reminds me of my childhood.
6. Dulce de Leche by The Sweet Tooth Fairy - this light morning cake-like cupcake fills your senses with cinnamon and cream. it's sweet yes, but it should be. i first tried this cupcake on cinco de mayo i believe the exact words that came pouring out of my mouth were, “Holy freak of nature…you have got to be kidding me…this is so good!”
Ideally I'd love to have all of these at my birthday festivus but I'm not so sure I want to make the hubs run around Salt Lake and Utah Valley gathering them all day. Who knows though, right? Anything is possible on your birthday! (I've been a good girl!)
Have fun voting and check out all these fabulous cupcake businesses sites and blogs. I've had a ball discovering the Utah Cupcake Scene and you will too!
Click on over to my Utah Loves Cupcakes blog to read the latest.