I feel like I've already had a great Halloween and it hasn't already happened. My family hosts a wonderfully big Halloween Bash before the actual Halloween night every year. With seven kids and lots of grandkids this party gets fun and everyone is into it with costumes, great food, games and fun.
We have a great white chicken chili (recipe coming), cornbread or rolls, homemade root beer complete with dried ice, a doughnut eating contests for kids and adults, candy fishing, skeleton games and more. I love it.
I won't be dressing up tonight but I will be enjoying the pumpkins we carved and a great Halloween play list I've created on Grooveshark. I can't take any of the credit for this playlist, because it comes from a couple places. First off, one of my absolute favorite bloggers, Stephmodo, made this list and then I've gathered other songs from around the internet. Please enjoy.
2. Abracadabra, Steve Miller Band
3. Trick or Treat, Otis Redding (favorite!)
4. Black Magic Woman, Santana
5. Ding-Dong! The Witch is Dead, Ella Fitzgerald
6. Thriller, Michael Jackson
7. Spooky, Atlanta Rhythm Section
8. Witchy Woman, the Eagles
9. Moondance, Van Morrison
10. Ghost, Indigo Girls
11. Harvest Moon, Neil Young
12. Witchcraft, Frank Sinatra
13. Moon over Bourbon Street
14. Monster Mash, Robert Walsh
15. Zombie, Cranberries
16. Howlin' For You, The Black Keys
17. Frankenstein, Edgar Winter Group
18. Werewolves of London, Warren Zevon
19. Spooky Jookie, Man Man
20. Bone Machine, Pixies
21. I Put a Spell on You, Screamin' Jay Hawkins/Creedence Clearwater Revival
22. Bela Lugosis Dead, Bauhaus
23. Pyscho Killer, Talking Heads
24. Ghost Riders in the Sky, Johnny Cash
25. Nightmare on My Street, DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince
26. This is Halloween, Marilyn Manson
27. Halloweenhead, Ryan Adams
28. Hollow, Bjork
29. Vampire Bat, Wesley Willis
30. Halloween, Sonic Youth
31. A Wolf at the Door, Radiohead
What songs do you like to listen to on Halloween?
Planning a Halloween Party...Grown Up Style from Stephmodo
Halloween Playlist for Cool Kids from Huffington Post
***Not all songs are family-friendly.