I had high hopes to to leave you with my latest pumpkin recipe today. But the day light snuck away too fast for this working girl. I swear this time of year is a food blogger's nightmare, especially a food blogger who works full-time outside of her home, like me.
So as I browsed my photo archives, I came across my gorgeous birthday cake. Yes, it's from September, but I never did share. And I believe it's worthy of your eyes. More of my thoughts on bday cakes here and here.
This year's cake featured the talent of Cupcake Chic. It's my one of my favorite local cupcakes turned into a three layer cake. Picture this: three layer cake, two vanilla, one chocolate with fresh strawberry butter cream in between and on top. It's divine.
Domestic links you'll love:
1. Cooks Country's latest issue has the most perfect slow cooker pork roast with apple-raisin compote recipe. We paired it with a caramelized onion potato gratin, glazed carrots and steamed cabbage. Now that's what I call Sunday dinner. Our guests were in heaven.
2. Sundance Resort's Foundry Grill continues to be a favorite Utah spot of mine. We dined there on Halloween night and I enjoyed the most delightful marinated portobello mushroom with herbed polenta and roasted root vegetables on top. Killer.
3. Thanksgiving plans are already penciled out. We're in charge of the turkey again and will be making our favorite Good Eats Roast Turkey recipe by Alton Brown. It's foolproof folks, foolproof.
4. I can't get enough of pumpkin butter. Lately my favorite application is on toast: half pumpkin butter half biscoff spread.
5. IKEA has Christmas out. I went up for a console table and came out with julmust, lingon berry jam, advent calendars and other Christmas decor.
6. Speaking of birthday cakes, I made my husband the most glorious crepe cake. Stunning, really. Wished I would have taken good photos.
7. I am rolling at the latest New Girl episode, Models. Did you know you can buy the entire season on iTunes and then when each episode rolls out you download it? Best ever.
8. Kelley's Crispy Chickpea and Butternut Squash Salad has been on my list to make for months. I think I'm finally going to make it this weekend.
9. Movember has arrived, and my husband is participating. I'm not the biggest mustache fan, but it's a great cause. And it has reminded me that I need to stock up on his favorite shaving products by The Art of Shaving. If you're already collecting stocking stuffer ideas for your guy, this is some of the best money you'll spend for facial care. Get the travel size kit to start. So happy there is store in SLC now.
Happy first weekend of November!